Mr. Rogers' Thoughts

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Mr. Rogers Thoughts!
Random neural activity...
powered by Bloglet
www.flickr.com

Friday, April 21, 2006

 

Question to ponder...

Someone asked me an interesting question the other day at work. Who do I consider the best lyricist of all time?

I don't think I can answer the question as put to me. It's like asking what my favorite drink is. It depends on what kind of drink I want.

That said here is my brief effort to make a list (in no particular order) of some of my favorite lyricists based on my limited musical exposure:

Jewel
Carl Stephenson
Paul McCartney
John Lennon
Paul Simon
Freddy Mercury
Faithless (Colaborative lyrics, Maxi Jazz, Rollo, Sister Bliss)

That's what comes to mind right off the bat. I'll update with more if I think of them.

What do you think? Am I missing anyone obvious?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   January 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?